Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sending You a Latte Love

Hello again, this is Jaclyn back with another card to share. I haven't had too much spare time lately to create but I finally had a few free hours last night. This card I made using the August 2018 My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts and the Moroccan Mosaic stamp set from Altenew.


On a piece of brown cardstock from recollections I stamped the Moroccan Mosaic background stamp with Versamark ink. I brushed it with perfect pearls in bronze and then I used a technique that I learned watching one of Jennifer McGuire's videos and I turned the panel a quarter turn and stamped it with Versamark ink again to create a tone on tone look.

Then I took a piece of off-white card stock from recollections (all cardstock was from the coffee and cream pack), and die cut out a circle. I stamped one of the coffee cup images from the Hero Arts kit as well as the steam squiggle in versafine ink in onyx black and I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used my waterbrush with distress ink to color in the image (I think walnut stain, tea dye, and ground espresso...I'm not 100% sure because I actually cleaned up after myself last night lol). I trimmed a straight edge on the circle and adhered it to the panel with foam tape.

Lastly, I stamped my sentiment from the kit with versafine onyx black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, trimmed it down, and adhered it to the panel with foam tape. I used my tape runner to adhere the panel to my card base and voila, my card is finished! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

I am entering this card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge


1 comment:

  1. Your card is so beautiful! Love the colors and the bg! Perfect take on our food and drink theme!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete