Thursday, August 30, 2018

Halloween by Hand

Hello again everyone. Today I'm going to show you a Halloween card. Now. I have not been doing this for very long. I started browsing blogs and youtube in June and prior to that did not own anything but watercolor paper and a cheap set of paints from Walmart lol, so my "stash" as everyone calls it, is very minimal. I have so many things in my wish list but I can only afford a couple things at a time (student loans, ya know?). SO I do not own any actual autum/fall/Halloween things. I wanted to see if I could make something with what I had though, and here it is.



I started on a 4.5x6  panel of Bristol paper. I just got some Distress Oxides and was very eager to try them out, so using Vintage Photo, Fossilized Amber, and Spiced Marmalade, I blended out a background. I ended up spritzing a bit of water because I wanted to see the cool reaction for myself (ha) and then discovered in my stash, a background stamp I received from a friend that I originally thought was broken/cracked glass, but indeed looks to be spider webs instead (or as well?). I stamped it with VersaFine onyx black ink and heat embossed it using holographic embossing powder by Ranger.



I ended up leaving it for a few hours because I was a bit stuck. I wanted a character for the card to go with the sentiment but I didn't know what. I wanted to do a spider (because webs) but everything I drew just did not look right. I ended up free handing a bat. I colored him in with some Copic markers (100, N0, and N6), fussy cut him out, and fixed him to my panel with some foam tape.

For the sentiment, I used some more Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide on a scrap of cardstock. With Claire's ABC's from Lawn Fawn, I stamped out Happy Halloween and heat embossed it the same way I did the background and adhered it to the front of the panel with foam tape. I glued it to a card base, used some black Nuvo drops on the bat's eyes, and gave him a little flair with some wink of stella.

Thank you for checking out my blog!

I am entering this creation in Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment