Saturday, September 22, 2018

Polar Holidays

Today I have a card to share using some Lawn Fawn products for the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember celebration.



For this card, I used Lawn Fawn's horizontal snowfall backdrop on navy cardstock (I believe it's called blueberry sour from Bazzill). I backed it with Lawn Fawn's pixie dust cardstock (I LOVE IT) so the snowfall would have some built in sparkle. Then on some scrap cardstock, I stamped the polar bear image from the new Winter Skies set with Gina K's black amalgam ink, colored it with some gray and red Copic markers, and added some glossy accents to the scarf. I fussy cut it out and was about to mount it to the snowfall backdrop when I realized it was missing something - snow on the ground! So I don't have any hill or snow bank dies, so I hand cut some of the same pixie dust cardstock to make it look like rolling snowbanks, then glued it to my backdrop and mounted the polar bears with some foam adhesive. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Simply Winter Sentiments set, cut it with my paper trimmer, and adhered it to the front of my card with some foam adhesive. I adhered it to a card base and that's all she wrote, folks!

It's simple but I really like it. Thanks so much for checking out my blog!

Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment